Saturday, December 25, 2010

My "CHRISTMAS CARD" to you!


Well, it is nearing the end of 2010...

Needless to say, it's been pretty crazy.

I've
cried
laughed
smiled
but mostly I've prayed.

Prayed for strength to get through this year.
Prayed for strength to be positive.
Prayed for physical strength.
Prayed for my family who have sacrificed so much to help me.
Prayed for those who have blessed my life.

I'm sorry for the times I've been:
afraid
scared
insecure
terrified
emotional

But thank you for the times you've helped me to:
laugh
giggle
smile
rejoice

I appreciate those who call me their handicapable friend, gimp and pegleg.
It helps to poke fun at my situation.
And you know me... I LOVE laughing...

I'm not going to lie, this year has been terrifyingly hard but, here's the list of my accomplishments:

Broke 3 bones in my back.
Broke 8 ribs.
Dislocated my hip.
Punctured and deflated my lung.
Heal from the above in 3 weeks.
Survive a surgery with complications.
(BTW I had 4 surgeries this year... well if you count that I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next week, that will make 5)
Only miss one Sunday of Church the entire year.
Decided I wasn't going to let a paralyzed foot stop me.
I went from my wheelchair to my walker to crutches to cane in 2 months.
Went from cane to nothing in a couple weeks.
Made my toes twitch.
Went back to school.
Got a job.

But, my biggest accomplishment is learning how to walk with a paralyzed foot.
Just kidding, now I can JOG on it!
(I look like a fool, but I can jog)

Oh no, wait...
my biggest accomplishment is being able to swallow a handful of pills with a sip of water.

Serious.
I'm so incredibly good at taking pills now.

(Before my accident, I had a hard time swallowing one, so this is a big step for me)
Granted, now I'm only to a nerve pain pill and aspirin if I really need it. But back when I took 10 a day... let's just say, I should have a good medal.



I've tried to stay positive and happy.
I've tried to work hard and not let my body tell me what I can't do.

This year has been rough, but I'm glad I went through it.
I've learned a lot, and I'm grateful for it.
I never knew how many people loved me and cared.
I never knew.

So, thank you.
Thank you for your prayers and your thoughts.

Please, keep them coming.
I'm not done fighting yet.

I love you all.
I pray for you everyday.

Let's hope 2011 is less "exciting"...



With more love than I can ever express,
Nichelle

{aka Chelle}

{aka Belle}

{aka Nino}






8 comments:

  1. Agreed with Kimmy.

    Merry Christmas Nichelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i stalk you now.
    first things first. i love RED heads more than most people...
    that i love usu..
    going into FCHD..
    still go to usu but online.
    so i have now decided we have a few things in common!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I LOVE DISNEY PRINCESSES too! or obsess, whats the difference?
    2. I love your blog.
    3. I read your story, and WOW! you are amazing. in one post, your outlook jumps off the page, and it is incredible. an inspiration.
    4. I hope your 2011 is wonderful!!!!!
    your new follower.
    lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a year! I found your personal blog through Vintage Wanna Bee (which I LOVE!). You've had quite a year and yet you've managed to stay absolutly wonderful through it all. I hope 2011 is a better year and you continue to be the cat's meow that you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAn I just say you are like my role model! You are amazing Nichelle! You have come a long way and I am so happy for you!! I hope 2011 will be even BETTER! LUB YOU GIRL KEEP IT UP! :)

    ReplyDelete