Sunday, October 24, 2010

24

So, you know that stage where you are half awake and half asleep... Okay... So this morning, I was in that stage and I seriously couldn't move my right leg. (My left leg is the one that's paralyzed) I started freaking out a little. Then I started imagining what my life would be like with both leg's injured, and almost started crying. Then I woke up completely and could move my right leg again. And all was well again.

Crazy huh?

So, I'm really sad, because when I woke up this morning I was really dizzy and I could hardly function, so I didn't go to church today. I felt it was safer to stay home. Plus, my body was screaming at me to take a break. (I tend to push myself farther than I should.) But, with that said, today is still awesome, because it still is Sunday.  I am currently listening/watchin', Come Thou Fount on youtube. It doesn't have to be Sunday to watch this, but it still just adds to the day. I seriously love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I feel so blessed to have it in my life.

As I was pondering my leg, after my little morning scare, I realized that having both my legs injured is probably one of my biggest fears right now. Having to deal with one is hard enough. I don't understand how some people can deal with so much, so gracefully. I'm having a hard enough time dealing with little things gracefully. I always feel silly when I feel like my life is hard. Because, honestly, I'm so very blessed. I know some of you are laughing at me because you think that I've gone through a lot, and I'm not trying to degrade what I've been through and what I've able to overcome, but in the grand scheme of things, my life isn't hard.

I just feel very blessed.

I've been Miss Little Complainy Pants lately, because I just got my 5th calling, so I thought I would stop being that and be a little better today in showing my gratitude today. I really shouldn't be sad about being busy, because it was just a few short months ago where the only thing I could do was lay in bed. I honestly was going insane, so now that I'm actually needed again, I should welcome everything and anything that people ask of me. Because, I'm very blessed that I am a) still alive and b) have the ability to still help and contribute to the world, because the harsh reality is that I should have died or been to injured to function.

So, today is the 24th, I thought I would make a list of 24 things that have blessed me this month: (in no particular order)

1. Only one leg injured
2: My cool scar from my injured leg
3. Fall colors
4. Crunchy Leaves
5. Good friends
6. My brace
7. Prayer
8. Scriptures
9. Institute
10. IWA
11. Music
12. Family
13. Callings
14.  Pictures/Memories
15. GENERAL CONFERENCE
16. Craft Projects
17. Temples
18. Sunshine/Clouds/Rain
19.  Puppies
20. Laughter
21. Singing
22. God's hand guiding my life
23. Tender Mercies
24. Good examples around me who uplift, inspire and teach me

I wish I could write them all down, but there are so many...

Thank you everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Nichelle, you are awesome! Seriously, you're always so inspiring and happy. I love your guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Elise sad. You are AWESOME! I think it's ok to complain as long as you pick yourself up and try again. We're only human after all.

    ReplyDelete