Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Original Accident

For those of you who do not know, I was in a sledding accident at the start of 2010. I sure know how to start a year out with a BANG! The accident happened on January 4th. Some friend and I were sledding down Old Main on USU's campus. We had made a chain of 5, me of course in the middle, the safest place... not really... I honestly don't remember much of what happened, we started going down fast, and all I remember is getting a prompting to protect my head. I wasn't expecting anything to happen, I just knew I had to protect my head. How did I do that? To this day I still don't know.

The next thing that I remember is waking up in the ambulance, I honestly thought I was in a dream, or some crazy Grey's Anatomy episode. It didn't feel real at all, I swear I was watching them take care of me in the ambulance. The next time I woke up was in the Emergency Room. It was at that point that I realised this was real. You never really think these kind of things can happen to you, but this time, it really did happen to me. I remember feeling so scared and afraid. I finally realised that my parents were right by my side. Slowly comfort came, but the pain came faster. As soon as the shock wore off, I realised how much pain I was in. Never before had I felt something so incredible painful and unnatural. I knew things were not right. All I wanted was it to be fixed.

My Grandpa Allen came into the Emergency Room. I remember him giving me a blessing, but what was said or what happened after that I couldn't tell you. I only remember feeling complete peace and comfort. I know that through the power of the priesthood my life was saved, there in the Emergency Room and on Old Main. The voice I HEARD to tell me to protect my head truly was my guardian angel, my Grandpa Don. I was also protected because of my wonderful friends who also held the priesthood and helped me right after I hit that unbeatable tree.

ORIGINAL INJURIES:
8 Broken Ribs (all on the right side)
3 Broken Posterio Processes (back bones)
1 Deflated, Punctured, Brusied Right Lung.
1 Dislocated Hip (left)

1 comment:

  1. Nichelle!! I had no idea you were in an accident! I have just been wandering around on blogs tonight, and I am so glad I decided to find out what has been going on with you. I am so sorry about your accident! How are you?? Have you been healing?? What happened? I am so interested to know what happened between the time you were sledding down the hill and when you woke up in an ambulance! Please email me or message me. I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling better. I'm praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete