Thursday, September 30, 2010

Honestly... WOW. Awesome.

So, I sure do love my IWA girls... Like a ton...

I love them. Granted, I haven't gotten close to all 40 of our girls, but I still love them so stinkin' much! We went canoeing tonight, and bonded over good/bad/first kiss stories. Baha, we are such girls, love it.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm in the Presidency, these girls are so amazing. Speaking of amazing, our Presidency is insanely awesome! I'm not even joking or exaggerating in ANY way. It amazes me that I associate with these girls.

My last post was kinda a lonely post... it definitely was a low day, but during our Chapter's Presidency Meeting, our Leader Sister Allan gave a "Leadership Thought". With such a large group, we want to make sure no one feels left out and feels included. We were challenged by Sister Allan to find "the one" each week who really needs us that day/week/semester/year/lifetime. This week, she talked about how sometimes being the leader and "Shepherd" can be lonely at times. Normally, when you think of someone who is the "leader" you would assume they were popular or had a lot of friends because everyone knew them, but she said something along the lines of, "If you are doing it right, you are going to have lonely moments. If you are trying to be a true leader, you will have times of loneliness." (AKA Attention Nichelle, this is for you!) "Christ was the ultimate finder of 'The One' and he experienced moments of loneliness we can't possibly understand. But, have comfort in the fact that you are helping on of God's children feel more of his love and to fully understand their individual worth and importance."

So, I guess I must be doing something right. I have a lot of responsibilities with my Stake, Ward and Institute callings, but I know it's because I have something special to offer. I'm not trying to sound proud or anything, I hope it doesn't come across that way. But, I think one of my strongest gifts is that I can find the importance of each individual. Maybe that's the only reason why I'm honored to be involved in my callings to the degree that I am. I can see people the way God wants us to look at each one of them. We all have so much to offer to each other, with all we meet.  Maybe it's because I use to be overlooked a lot, so I know what it feels like to feel insignificant. No one should EVER feel that way. But, that is where Godly Love comes in. If we are truly searching for those who need us, and if we are searching for the inner person with everyone we meet, then we will truly be able to see them as God see's them. Hopefully we can help them see themselves as God see's them also. Charity Never Faileth.

By helping others come unto Christ, we come closer to him also.





P.S. I'm soooo incredibly excited for General Conference this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Nichelle, you're a gem. Thanks for sharing that thought about leadership and loneliness. Aren't you grateful for inspired IWA leaders?

    I'm also super super excited for conference. :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete